mLumbarAnatomy presents the basic anatomy of the lower back (lumbar spine). The app features animated visualizations, medical images and educational notes for anyone seeking an introduction to lumbar anatomy.
"Great! - Good for general public, basic knowledge, great graphics!" - Bonnbnj USA
"10 out of 10" - Phil leggett UK
"Worth every penny… This App can be recommended without limitations." - elppa77 Germany
• Vertebra - location and structure of a lumbar vertebra. Shows how adjacent vertebra are connected by the intervertebral disc and facet joints and how the vertebra link together to form the vertebral canal.
• Spinal Cord - position of the brain within the skull and the spinal cord within the spinal canal
• Peripheral nerves - how the cervical nerves travel to the arms, the thoracic nerves travel to the trunk and the lumbar nerves travel to the pelvis and legs
• Inter-vertebral Disc - location and function of the annulus fibrosus and nucleus pulposus of the inter-vertebral discs
• Soft Tissues - how the ligaments and capsules support the lumbar spine
• Core Muscles - location and function of the core muscles
• Components - the components of the lumbar spine – bones, discs, nerves, ligaments and muscles
• introductory education
• core concepts without the distraction of real tissue (restricted orientation, unclear structure differentiation due to color, texture or blood)
• anatomically accurate
mLumbarAnatomy is part of the lumbar spine library of patient education applications. Anatomate-apps have a range of spine apps including the reference apps - iSpineCare, iSpineOperations and iSpinePainManagement.